Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Being Parented by Your Boss

It has to be one of the most awkward things in life to be parented by your boss. When you work for your parents there needs to be a seperation when it comes to the work space. They can't just walk up to you and start speaking to you like a child. At this point in time you are their employee, not their child.

I was sitting at my desk working on entering data into the customer database. There was music in the background just like every other day, I went to turn it up a little and accidently turned it up too high. I immediately turned it back down to a reasonable level and turned around to find my boss/father ready to pounce. He started raising his voice about the inappropriateness of turning up the music while he was on the phone. (Bonus: everyone on his conferance call heard him reprimand his daughter/employee.)
It would be one thing if he spoked to me nicely but he got the Father voice and stance that makes you feel like your 5 again.

Only 1.5 more weeks til I am free! haha. October 18th can't come soon enough. I am so grateful for my new job.

No comments: